Looking to improve your knowledge of QuickBooks? In this guide, we’ve rated some of the best online QuickBooks courses & tutorials to help you get started.
QuickBooks is one of the easiest ways for you to handle all of your company’s accounting responsibilities, but it’s still fairly complicated if you’ve never been shown how to use it.
The following 5 courses will teach you how to use QuickBooks for different purposes, and each one covers a specific function of QuickBooks. If you’re looking to get your finances on track, take one of these courses, and learn from the best accountants possible.
1. QuickBooks Tutorials from Intuit
No rating available
This isn’t a Quickbooks course in the traditional sense. It’s the company’s own guide to using their product. That makes it the official source for information about the program, but it lacks some of the user-oriented tips that other classes can offer.
Intuit has put a lot of effort into creating in-depth guides to all of the features that Quickbooks has, and everything is laid out in an easily understandable way. The different modules get directly to the point, and there’s plenty of information to help you figure out the basics of using Quickbooks.
The one drawback to using the Intuit guide is its lack of personality. The other courses are hosted by professionals that have used the program extensively, and they’re willing to give you advice that will allow you to truly take advantage of the program.
- The official source for Quickbooks information
- Easy to understand guides
- Broken into digestible chunks
- Covers every feature of the program
2. Complete QuickBooks Training (Udemy)
This Udemy course is taught by Susan Ansell, and it’s designed to teach beginners how to accurately use Quickbooks. This course doesn’t try to teach you a lot about advanced Quickbooks techniques, but it’ll help you set your account up properly, and it’ll help you use the program accurately.
Due to the difficult nature of accounting, Susan’s advice can keep you from experiencing the tax-related issues that many beginners experience, and she doesn’t bog you down with a lot of information at once.
If you’re just getting into small business accounting, and you need a little help to ensure that you’re doing it right, this Udemy course is the one you look into.
- Great for beginners with small businesses
- Doesn’t overload you with advanced information
- The teacher has taught Quickbooks courses for more than 10 years
- Teaches you how to create and manage a Quickbooks data file
- Separated into digestible chunks
3. QuickBooks For Personal Home Finances (Udemy)
This is the perfect course if you’re looking to simply track your personal expenses. You won’t find any information related to maintaining a business’s taxes or expenses, and that helps keep it from dumping too much information on you at once.
It will help you learn a bit about the program outside of simply tracking things, though. The course host makes it a point to give you pointers on fixing your mistakes, budgeting your income, and other bits of advice that you won’t find in more business-oriented courses.
This is also one of the least expensive courses you’re going to find, and the host has more than twenty years of experience teaching people about accounting.
- It’s aimed solely at people looking to handle their personal and home accounting
- It’ll teach you how to budget your income
- It will teach you how to fix mistakes that you may have already made with Quickbooks
- The instructor has more than 20 years of experience
- Teaches you how to track multiple sources of income
4. Minimum QuickBooks – Last Minute Bookkeeping Just For Taxes (Udemy)
This is the type of course you want to take if you neglected your finances all year. It doesn’t focus on setting up and maintaining a Quickbooks account. It doesn’t focus on giving you expert tips to budget your money. The course is entirely designed to help you take care of an entire year’s worth of taxes at the last minute.
This course is going to appeal to a smaller group of people. If you’re looking to learn Quickbooks inside and out, you’ll want to use another course. However, it’s great for getting you out of hot water when tax season is just around the corner. The course focuses on quickly and accurately gathering all of the information that the IRS requires, and it helps you understand the basics of handling that information.
- Teaches you to quickly and easily handle your taxes
- Covers the basics of satisfying the IRS
- Simple straight-forward information
- Teaches you how to record data to avoid future mishaps
5. Master QuickBooks the Easy Way (Udemy)
This is the most comprehensive Quickbooks course you can find on Udemy. It’s a bit more expensive than our other suggestions, but you’ll learn a lot more from it.
The course goes over everything you’ll need to know to maintain a company account on Quickbooks. It’ll show you how to pay bills with it, manage your budget, track your expenses, and anything else that you could possibly want to use Quickbooks for.
The downside to the course being that comprehensive is that it’s pretty long. There are 15 hours worth of content that you’ll have to watch to get the most out of the course. Some people might like that, though. It goes into a lot of detail to ensure that you know what you’re doing when you use the service.
- Covers topics in-depth
- Teaches you how to track expenses
- Shows you how to pay bills via Quickbooks
- Covers how to handle customers and loans
Each of these 5 courses have a different purpose. Some of them are aimed at average people trying to keep track of their income and taxes, others are designed for companies to keep track of all of their financial information, and some are designed to save you at the last minute during tax season.
Regardless of what you need Quickbooks for, one of these courses can help. Make sure you carefully read each review, and pick the Quickbooks tutorial that works best for you.