Looking to setup a Shopify website, but unsure where to start? In this guide, we’ve listed the best Shopify courses to help you get started.
Shopify is an e-commerce platform that helps you sell your goods through an online store or as complementary to your brick-and-mortar store. When you build an online store on Shopify, you can choose from a range of its apps to suit the needs of your store and draw customers to your website.
With the options available, taking a Shopify course can help you learn to navigate the platform and create a website that helps you maximize your profits. These are the best Shopify courses and tutorials to help you learn to design a Shopify store that drives traffic even if you have limited website design experience.
1. Build a Shopify Dropshipping Business from Scratch (Udemy)
To learn the basics of using Shopify for your dropship business, try Build a Shopify Dropshipping Business from Scratch on Udemy. This course teaches you how to use Shopify both to manage orders from customers and your purchases from third-party sellers. You can even learn more about dropship businesses at the beginning of the course as a primer to the components of building a store on Shopify.
Instructor Adam Reed has several years of experience in running a successful Shopify business. He uses the same approach that makes his dropship business successful to craft a program to help you to learn to do the same.
Adam runs a complimentary Facebook group with other students from the course so that you can share your tips and solve problems together. More than 22,000 students give this course an average rating of 4.3 out of five stars. Students especially enjoy the practical instruction provided in the course and the personalized attention through the Facebook group.
- How to pick the right products to sell
- How to sign up for an account on Shopify
- Initializing and editing your online shop
- Managing your shipping through Shopify
- Promoting your business on social media
2. The Complete Shopify Aliexpress Dropship course (Udemy)
Another dropshipping course, The Complete Shopify Aliexpress Dropship Course on Udemy, specifically helps you learn to include one of the most popular international sellers into your product selection. Aliexpress marketplace features a range of items for your customers at very competitive prices for you.
You do not need prior Shopify experience to take this course. The entire short course has six hours of video instruction so that you can start implementing what you learn right away.
As a successful business owner using e-commerce and web design and development, instructor Tim Scot understands how to design a course that helps you learn about successful e-commerce tactics and development of your website.
You can join over 52,000 students who have taken this course to learn practical steps to integrate Aliexpress into their dropship businesses. With a rating of 4.6 out of five stars from students, this course is one of the best Shopify courses on Udemy.
- Learn to build a Shopify website
- Get a free trial to Shopify
- Create your own new Shopify store in a few hours
- Find the right customers for your store
- Learn to use Aliexpress for product fulfillment
- Use your web presence to build a reputation for your store
3. SEO 2019: E-Commerce SEO for WordPress and Shopify Website (Udemy)
As a means to drive more traffic to your Shopify website, you can leverage search engine optimization so that more people see your store in search results. The course SEO 2019: E-commerce SEO for WordPress and Shopify Website on Udemy teaches you everything you need to know about SEO tools to increase the visibility of your store to potential customers and separate you from the competition.
No prior knowledge of SEO practices is necessary as instruction starts with an introduction to the basics.
The instruction provided by e-commerce expert Rohan Dhawan focuses on improving existing Shopify stores and connecting WordPress for content. Relying on his expertise in digital marketing, Rohan teaches the methods he uses in building businesses with six-figure traffic.
The 2,000 students enrolled in this course rate it an average of 4.8 out of five stars for its concentration on building SEO skills from a beginner’s level and step-by-step Shopify tutorials for structuring webpages.
- Determine the keywords for you to use on your website
- Analyze competitors through keywords
- Develop a strategy using competitor research
- Increase page loading speeds
- Structure content for SEO optimization
4. Shopify Power: Build An Ecommerce Website Using Shopify (Udemy)
Get a handle on creating any type of e-commerce business with the Shopify course Shopify Power: Build An Ecommerce Website Using Spotify on Udemy. Unlike other featured courses, this provides you with a guide to set up any Shopify store, regardless of the niche, and focuses on basic functionality and aesthetics.
You need basic knowledge of computer programs for photo editing and experience comparable to setting up a blog to get the most out of this course.
One of the main draws of the course is the million-dollar revenue experience of the instructor, Jason Miles. Learn to avoid the major pitfalls of a new e-commerce business and the tips you need to succeed from an instructor who has the inside information that comes from owning a successful e-commerce business.
The more than 1,300 students in the class find the practical expertise of the instructor so helpful, they rate the experience of the course with an average of 4.2 out of five stars.
- Receive easy-to-understand lessons
- Setup a basic Shopify store
- Use other e-commerce sites with Shopify to expand your customer base
- Create easy ways for customers to pay you
- Utilize data analytics to grow your store
- Generate an aesthetically pleasing store without the use of complex code
5. Facebook Ads for E-Commerce: The Complete Guide (Udemy)
If you want to learn to use social media to increase revenue for your store, then the Shopify course Facebook Ads for E-commerce: The Complete Guide can help you. The course teaches you to build on and use Facebook and Instagram to increase traffic and profits. Make sure you already have your Shopify store set up before you begin the ten-hour lecture series.
The course does not focus on setting up a Shopify store. Instead, it focuses on teaching you how to maximize Shopify’s social media tools.
Although Adam Reed is the instructor for this course, he provides more advanced lessons in this Shopify tutorial than his basic courses. As you and almost 11,000 other students navigate the course, you can learn from real-life case studies that Adam uses throughout the course.
With an average rating of 4.4 out of five stars, you know that this course has a track record of success. The course includes additional several resources to further your learning outside of the course.
- Work with budgets to create a strategy for ad development
- Use Facebook and Instagram tools to monitor ad success
- Create targeted ads for your customer base
- Run a complete ad campaign through social media
- Test conversion rates for ads
- Set up Facebook and Instagram accounts for your business
Building a store on Shopify is a great way to add sales to a brick and mortar shop or create an entire online business. The different ways to leverage Shopify to your needs make an online course an excellent way to learn to use the platform whether you are a beginner or looking to improve an existing store.
These Shopify tutorials and courses help you create a Shopify store that makes shopping easy for customers and increases traffic to your store.